Friday, August 14, 2009

Adios Nicaragua

Yes, it's official...tonight is our last night in Nicaragua!! And I am SO READY to go home!! This gorgeous hotel has it's perks, but one room for 3 nights with 4 girls....not so good. I can't go to the bathroom by myself, shower by myself, or sleep by myself. My only time of peace is when everyone is sleeping. Scarlett will not go to sleep until I do....so I never have a second to myself!! When I am at my breaking point, I roam the halls in front of our room and listen to the piped in music (it's in English) and breath deeply and slowly. ;)

Today was our day to pick up Gracie's Visa - so exciting!! We told our lawyer that we were leaving today (and the Embassy) because we didn't want any more delays. We arrived right at 10 and I decided to leave Scarlett and Lucie with Norman while Gracie and I ran in. I told him it would be 5 minutes and he was happy to have some company. I left everything in the car, including my phone, because they don't allow you to bring anything in - Norman showed me where to go when I was finished and where he would be parked. We were all set!

Gracie and I were literally in there for 10 minutes - we went right through security and was handed our package and was ready to go... When we came out of the Embassy - there were several men petitioning something....I don't know what, but I was approached by them asking me to sign their documents. I kept saying "no" and kept looking for Norman. We waited a few minutes, and I was wondering what was taking him so long. Cabs kept coming by and asking me if I needed a ride...and time kept passing. I was very nervous at this point, I only had my wallet and Gracie's paperwork... Then I started to think the worst about Norman - where was he with my children? I knew in my heart they were fine but I was an emotional mess!!

I have been so frustrated and emotional these last few days...and here I was, finally done and instead of being happy, I was scared. Scared to be standing on this corner and scared to not know where my kids were...

To make a long story, short...Norman had taken the girls to the park (Scarlett's idea) for a quick 5 minutes that turned into 30....my lawyer, Nubia was driving by and saw me stranded and called Norman for me and took me to where he was....All was well in the end, but I must say, my nerves are SHOT!!!

I have not been feeling well at all these last few days and it just keeps getting a little worst every day...I think it is nerves, and a big flippin' parasite living in my tummy!! Seriously, I don't know what it is but want it to go away!! We took it easy and went to the pool today. Our plan was to walk across the street and see "G I Joe" - once we arrived, we were told that it was in Spanish so we went to Plan B... We bought popcorn and candy at the theater and walked back to our room to watch a movie. It was fun. We ordered room service for dinner and the girls loved sitting on our beds and eat dinner. Tomorrow, we are saying goodbye to Norman at 11 - and Maria Jose and Allyson are picking us up and taking us to the airport. I still can't believe that we are leaving....

I want to thank you all for reading my blog - for loving me - forgiving me and not judging me!! Having you all with me through this process has made it the experience it has been for me. Thank you!! You will never know what your comments, emails and messages have meant to me - thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

My plan is to continue to blog for the first few days that we are at home - to "tie things up" and let you all know how Gracie and the rest of us, are doing .... so you can't get rid of me yet!! Tomorrow our flight leaves at 3:00 PM and we don't arrive until Sunday morning at 1:00 AM - so no blog tomorrow but soon, I promise soon!!

Have a great weekend - Love and Blessings to you all and Adios Nicaragua!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment