Monday, August 10, 2009

The end is near....

O.K., the title of this blog is a little depressing, right? Instead of feeling happy and excited, I am full of anxiety and stress! I am so ready for tomorrow to be here, but so afraid that it is here as well. This is where we are... My husband sent the documents we need in two different ways - first through DHL to my lawyers city and after speaking with my translator, I discovered that she did not even attempt to acquire the documents. Nubia was apparently out of town and returning today. So on to option 2 - our friend Tommy is flying into Managua at 12:30 AM tomorrow morning...a couple of hours from now and Norman is driving to the airport to meet him.

Now this sounds like a great way to get the documents to us but Norman has never met Tommy and I am a little concerned that they won't hook up. I explained to Norman what Tommy looks like - I started off by telling him he has red hair, thinking this was all the description necessary - I mean seriously, I think Tommy is the only red head in Nicaragua at any given time. But Norman continued to ask for details...Is he tall? My reply - yes, much taller than you ;) I told him he wore glasses but Norman (obviously not satisfied) asked if he had dark skin!!! Scarlett chimed in and said he had the same color of skin as she did and I repeated again, "Norman, Tommy has RED HAIR!!!" So I am praying they meet and asked Norman to call me as soon as he had the documents in hand!!

Assuming we get the documents - we are leaving at 7:30 AM with Norman to pick up our translator Freddy. Apparently, the documents have to be certified and notarized (albeit they came from the Nicaraguan Embassy) so our first stop after picking up Freddy, is to go to the bank and get this done. Then we are off to the immigration office to meet with Nubia.

Nubia has been sick a lot lately and she has a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning and is planning on meeting us after...Freddy attempted to meet her tonight to pick up the documents but she would not release them to him - she wants to be there. So hopefully, she will be in and out of the doctor's and meeting us soon after we arrive.

Then, as long as the documents are in order, we request the passport - normally it takes 24 hours but we are hoping and praying we get it tomorrow afternoon - then we are off to the doctor's office to pick up his report and then to the U.S. Embassy to request our Visa.

It's all a little too much for me...one issue and everything is out of whack. But I continue to pray that all will be fine and that we can move forward. So here's to a smooth and busy day tomorrow!!

My stomach is in knots and I am running on nervous energy - haven't slept well and as hard as I try to put this out of my mind....the details are haunting me. What I do know is that my family has done everything we have been asked to do and all we can do now, is wait and see how it plays out. I also know that even if we run into a snag along the way, we will be home...and soon!

We babysat Jonathan this evening - he is such a ball of energy and it amazes me how different boys are from girls. The first thing he did was lock the girls' bedroom door (he was outside of the room) and shut it closed. This has never happened before so I pulled out my massive key chain and tried every key....of course none of them worked - so we had to go to the office and ask for help!! This also gave me the opportunity to talk to the owner and explain our issues with immigration and tell her that tomorrow I "should" know when we are moving out!! Craziness. She unlocked the door and we were back in business. We were watching Transformers and every couple of seconds (not exaggerating) Jonathan would ask "Is that a transformer? Why doesn't he transform now? What are they saying? Where is the airplane? What's his name? Why do transformers exist?" We were exhausted watching the movie but we really enjoyed our time with him. We will miss the Tomczak's very much when we leave!!

Because today was a holiday - everything was closed!! The mall, the movie theater, most restaurants - so we spent most of our time packing and getting ready for tomorrow. It's a big day for us...keep us all in your prayers and I will let you know how it goes!!

Love and Blessings....

No comments:

Post a Comment