Monday, August 3, 2009

Susanna's new career....

I had a difficult time sleeping last night - nervous about the next few days. It is bringing back all the past years of submitting paperwork, never having the "new and updated" form they need, not liking my translation and having new requirements...urgh. I kept thinking, "what am I missing?" So looking forward to getting the next few days finished so I know we have everything we need.

I woke up early and started going through paperwork - checking and re-checking. When the girls got up - they all smelled like Lysol. Apparently one of them had a smelly #2 and the girls went crazy with the spray. Not a good smell first thing in the morning - ;) (I "guess" better than the alternative!!) We went for our run and had some time at the pool - we haven't been there since Allie was with us. There was nobody else there - so we had some relaxing time. Gracie used to be a good swimmer - for whatever reason, she is more and more afraid of the pool!! She cries every time we encourage her to swim and a few times I wanted to stick her head under the water so I couldn't hear her crying (is that a bad thing? Don't judge me!!)

I talked to my friend Jason about 20 times today - we are trying to work out all the details of the next couple of days. I had to call and make the doctor's appts for both Gracie and Jonathon - of course, the receptionist didn't speak any English but we got through it. I don't know if my Spanish is improving or the tolerance around me is increasing....either way, I am making it work!!

Tomorrow is our court date!! I am still in shock!! We have our clothes picked out - camera charged and I am bringing every piece of paperwork I ever submitted - so if they ask me for something....I'm prepared. They are asking us to bring our passports and $625 - nothing else. The court is in another city - about an hour drive from here and depending on how backed-up the court house is that day - we are expected to wait about 3 hours before our case is heard. Our lawyer told us that last month - the judge didn't show so she had to drive around the city to find him and bring him to court!! Only in Nicaragua. So we have the DS's all charges, snacks galore and I am definitely taking one of my little pills (maybe 2) to get me through the day!! (Again, no judging)!!

We went to the orphanage today and picked the older girls up to go see "My sisters' keeper" - there was a total of 12 of us in 1 cab!! We left when the girls were out of school and didn't realize it was during rush hour traffic when we left - so it was a very LONG drive to the mall!! Mucho traffico!! We had dinner at the food court and shared stories and laughed - it was a lot of fun. We want to do a few more excursions with the kids before we leave. Love spending time with them.

On Sunday when our cab driver Norman, picked us up from church - he brought his wife, Susanna with him. She only spent about 30 minutes at the orphanage but fell in love with all the children. She has had issues having babies and longs for children in her life. She told me that she wants to work at the orphanage. She doesn't want to be paid - she just wants to help!! Now this is a family who is struggling - they have a very small house and have a difficult time to make ends meet - Susanna just started a new job on Monday (the day after she was at the orphanage) a paying job in an office that she has been trying to get for a long time. I talked to Maria Jose - the director at the orphanage - and explained what Susanna wanted to do - Norman and Maria Jose had a long talk and I just learned this evening that Susanna starts work at the orphanage this Wednesday. This has such impact on me - I just know this will change their lives.... bring them happiness they haven't had.... some day, maybe adopt a child....amazing how God works, right?!?!? These are the moments that I feel that being here has made an impact - I don't know to what extent, but feel it is significant!!

So it's late, and I am heading to bed - I am SURE that tomorrow will be a day of adventure - stay tuned for details. Have a great day tomorrow and God bless!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love how God works. Lesa, thanks again for taking the time to share with all of us. Just can't wait for you all to get back home, but have to admit that I'll miss reading about your adventures! Wishing you the best tomorrow.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lesa - love you and hope your day today was amazing! Can't wait to hear. See you SOON!

    Love and hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete